Friday, April 06, 2012

A Moment With You

Had I owned a keener mind
I would have asked to keep your smile
Just to be mine
In the quiet of the night

Your voice would be the sound
To keep me coming round
It would pick me up
And make me dream out loud

With you its never long
Until my blues are gone
Hazel eyes are beckoning
They lead me on

What a perfect night
I'll be to your house
Soon I'll drop by
In moon light perfected you'll be
As we drive by streets we've never seen

Somewhere quiet
That's where we are going
No matter where we've been
Just as long as I'm here with you
There is no place I'd rather be

Such a perfect night
You're with me
We feel alive
This time its just you and I
With your dimples and hazel eyes

Getting to know each other
Standing next to a neon fire
Your fingers entwined
Between each one of mine
We don't recognize which are yours
And which are mine
We just know
That we're alone

Standing with shadows forming shelter
I've always loved your name Heather
Your brown hair on my shoulder
Promise to be mine forever
I'll never let you down

Its late now
We know we've got to go home
Leave behind
Such a quiet night
Lived and loved
Only by you and I

I'll be sure to call
Can you hear me for you fall
I'll be here all day
You know you'll always
Be my favorite joy