Wednesday, April 18, 2012

CJ

Girl you know its time
Collect your favorite novels
Walk into the sun's heat
Let the ocean wash away your endless troubles

The sand on our feet feels warm and alive
To feel it is our birth right
You need to let go
And show the thousand different versions of yourself
I wouldn't miss one ounce of your glow

Let the rhythmic waves talk you into dancing
Spinning around in perfect bronze skinned ragged form
Your smile heats my blood
I can see now and I knew I was right
You are so very full of life

You an Aussie fallen for a Yank like me
And I feel the same and that's plain to see
As sure as I breathe tonight
I will never let you go
I will hold you tight

We collect drift wood and pile it high
With your friends with funny accents
We set the old wood alight
Let's get off our heads
And surrender our laughter to this Australian night

Girl I am here
There's no need to whisper no one is standing near
Fallen for you I have, I say it out loud
I brush your blond hair aside
Gently kissing your foreign mouth

I can't remember when
I know there's never been a more beautiful night
Ocean air, sun and sand
And my CJ holding my hand
Pulling me tight