Thursday, March 16, 2006

Another Man Along Her Way

Does she not know her self worth
I have lived next to her for years
I hear them fight almost every night
And I wonder how she makes up her mind to stay

I would show her the world from the top of my mountain
I can show her love, love she needs more now than anything
I would fill her life with the night sky
Stars would fill her eyes

Her sadness
I would drive to madness
I beg for just one chance
One chance, and on stars we'd dance

Angel, love is all around me
Hold onto me
Oh come closer to me
And don't let go

If the ties that bind break in two
Would I suite to stand next to you
And what if time was ours
Could I keep your love in an alabaster jar

The way your eyes deserve the fire they bring me
Makes my heart ache and break in two
I throw it all away
So I guess I'll pretend it doest end this way
I'll meet you at your door everyday
And pretend everything is the same

I want to de-throne his power over you
Like a love drunk fool
I would fight for your freedom
The only word that saves

I don't know a thing
Other than the warmth seeing you brings
So with my dirty rage I wait
With longing in my gaze
That you can see through this window pane

I really have nothing like you left to lose
Should I tell you he isn't listening anyway
But its totally up to you to choose
And nothing is changing anyway

What's the point in all this pining
She walks past me everyday
Without a final glance
Without a thought of chance
I am another man along her way