Monday, January 28, 2013

What Was It

So here we stand
Within this sun sheltered place
Wanting so much just to see
Your face behind your face

I am left with the dust
Of your lovers
Who have gone before
And who have left no trace

Down by the river's mumbling
Or within the mountains shadow falling
You and were colliding
All of the places
You and I would run off
But what was it we were running from

I will watch you
Silhouetted standing there
Against the silver running water unaware
And like a blue bird you cut through the air

Did you truly think that you couldn't chose
That I would be here
Win or lose this
In all the places we would hide off
What was it we were thinking of

Within my still house of make-believe
We are one but divided in two
Adam and Eve
You send out and I receive
Down by the rivers side
In our secret world where we collided
In all the places we were hiding of

What was it we were thinking of