Friday, September 07, 2012

Whenever I Go Home

There is only one reason I  do this
I subjugate myself to this form of torture
I can never forget
How I have always felt for her

Never have I met
Never will I forget
Someone with such blue eyes
And with each of her words
She formed magic
Such a sweet surprise

It may be gone now
It may be let go
I hang forever on
I beg God for her to know
Just how I feel

Are you happy?
Are you safe?
I would meet you wherever
At any time
At any place

You know the power you have
The ease of you will
It caries over me
I will do whatever you need
However you feel

If I had you again
Like I did that summer night
The little stone cabin
I would make you feel like home
Like everything will be alright

I know now
I acted a fool
Afraid of pain
Keeping truth from you
Like trying to keep the trees safe from the rain

I will never expect forgiveness
Nor will I ever beg for it
Just please, my love
Don't hate me
Don't ever let my actions
Define what we have
This sweet flower
Lets protect it
That's all I ask

13 hours south of me
In the same State
This native soil
Where you 'live'
Such precious fruit spoils

I'm sure he's great
I'm sure he's wonderful
I think you're happy...
Just know I look for you
Whenever I go home