Friday, December 31, 2010

My Storm

I've been to the darkest place I know
Dear we should never fear what lies below
Memorial pain and solid bone

I see you creeping in the dark
Feeling lost cradling your spark
I am the coming rain
Like a cloak to break your day

Hold your head up high
As if nothing passes your opal eyes
If you knew what I have seen
You'd let him go
Just know

I've been to the darkest place you know
Sifting through the December cold
I found myself outside you're home
Remember its just pain and solid bone

In the dark I see your car
He is there blowing on your spark
Leave the fire unattained
My storm will fully break away

In the night I stand alone
Looking in, breathing cold
There you go talking soft
Hoping he'll hold your soul aloft

But I've been to the darkest place you know
Remember its just pain and broken bones
If you knew what I knew
You'd let him go